I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new.~Ralph Waldo Emerson
There are some very good things about moving around a lot... basically we were lucky enough to meet some wonderful people who we now call friends, the bad thing about moving a lot is that we have to leave friends behind when we go.
Today I've been thinking a lot about my friends and different experiences I've had with each of you. I thought I'd make a list of some of my favorite memories and hope that they bring those of you who were part of these memories some joy.
~ Cruising in the 'honey bag'.
~ Road trips.
~ Endless hours spent in Denny's.
~ Laughing about crazy things like fuzzy plum, one eye, 'You better be careful, Santa's watching you!', and big mama :)
~ Killing time waiting for the Usk ferry.
~ Skinny dipping at Lost Lake.
~ Getting kicked out of classes for skipping way too much.
~ Hanging out with 'just the 4 of us' :)
~ Laughing, crying and yelling about boys.
~ That horrible camping trip in someone's back yard...
~ The bagel :)
~ Cuddling for hours at Lost Lake.
~ Blueberry Lane.
~ Last minute Big Mac & Slurpee runs.
~ College roomies...
~ College pranks.
~ Ninjas
~ Long walks around Vancouver.
~ Driving around in 'Sophie'.
~ Camping in the snow. (You were so not prepared).
~ Riding bikes all over China.
~ Abbotsford apartments.
~ Abbotsford roomies.
~ Working in the caf. with the girls.
~ Reading depressing books at the lake in abbotsford.
~ Good friends waiting at the airport with me.
~ Travelling to the Aran Islands.
~ Giving blood for food :)
~ Wearing down the cow trail from Leighlinbridge to Bagenelstown.
~ Good friends visiting in Ireland.
~ Studying for hours in Tim Hortons.
~ Eating so many chicken nuggets we both puked.
~ Early morning driving to school in Calgary.
~ Early morning talking about how we hated school in Calgary.
~ Working in the Clinic (touching gross feet)
~ Looking for jobs...
There are so many but the list is getting too long.
I am truly humbled thinking about all of you that I am lucky enough to call 'friend'. Thank you for your love and friendship. Thanks for knowing me and loving me anyway. Thanks for keeping secrets. Thanks for sharing yours.
My heart misses every one of you.
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.
~ Unknown

5 comments:
Awww Anita! You are responsible for making this hormonal Momma cry tonight. Although it doesn't take much these days! I was also laughing through my tears...especially at the "one eye" sayings! Classic! I love you so much and I am so thankful to have you in my life! We have had some good times! You will be a friend for life!
All I can say is "I LOVE YOU, Your the best friend anyone could have, I MISS YOU".
Wow...your awesome...how do you remember all of that stuff???? I think I have lost years...mostly the highschool ones!! lol
I know why you remember cause you are such a good friend to many people and you truly care sooo much, thank you for being you!!!
I am so happy that you are my friend!
All my love
Cindy
You went skinny dipping in Lost Lake?
Where was I?? Haha! I'm kidding.
I never heard that story!
Funny how Denny's and Terrce go hand in hand.
Ah, my lovely friends. You make my life wonderful!
Post a Comment