
You know when you go out for breakfast and they bring the little jam packets?? Well, the other day we were out for breakfast and when they brought the little packets Nyla thought they were juice. I thought I had convinced her it was in fact jam, and was convincing her to try the grape jelly...it and even went as far as lying my ass off and telling her how much I looooove it.
She picked up the packet and started studying the pic and decided that the picture actually looked more like nuts. She then looked at me with a very confused expression and said, "You love nut juice??".
Of course Darryl started to snicker... which only fueled Nyla's desire to broadcast as loud as she could in a singsong voice that "Mommy loves nut juice". The entire restaurant was treated to an early morning song about how much I love nut juice...
I don't embarrass easily, but I have to admit that this one made me blush... it could be because the restaurant was full of oilfield workers who of course, thought it was hilarious.
Finally, instead of shushing her I agreed loudly that mommy does in fact looove nut juice. She mercifully shut her pie hole.
Do you want to know what I learned from this?? Nothing. Sigh... kids are so random.

No comments:
Post a Comment