In the last week we celebrated Maren's party and decorated for Christmas. It was a great week. I LOVE our Christmas tree. I'm not into doing the perfect, show home tree. I think that when you have kids its important to let them help and be proud of their creations. Our tree is not perfect... it actually looks like what it is... a tree that a 1 and 3 year old helped decorate. I hope this is the beginning of many, many great Christmas memories.
What a difference a year makes! At Maren's party people kept commenting on what we were doing last year. I actually don't want to dwell on that at all. It was what it was, but now we're here with two beautiful, smart, lovely, talented, squishable, kissable girls. They are loving each other like crazy (sometimes of course this crazy love is manifested with them rolling around, pounding on and clinging to each other and both screaming in rage). Ahhh, the wonder of Christmas.
So yeah, our tree looks like its circa 197o something, and its full of sweet memories :)
Maren is now fully a walker. She decided that crawling was for suckers. Smart move in my opinion...
Now, on to the pics.
Bath hair... gotta love it. The water is yellow cuz of the bath fizzie things, not because she peed it up.
Yeah, they were rolling around screaming, and Maren was beating Nyla with the yellow ring... until I took out the camera, then all sweetness and smiles. You may be wondering why I took out the camera instead of breaking it up. Well, I've broken it up a lot, so I just thought that going all kung fu on eachother would get it out of their systems. Ha! Not even...
Our neighbor brought a little tree for the kids to decorate all by themselves. Nyla is VERY proud of her decorating job. Cute... just so friggen cute.
Birthday cake... she inhaled it. Totally double fisted it into her mouth like she had been starving for cake her whole life. She smushed it in her hair, in her ears and her favorite... up her nose to save for later. M'mmmmmm snot and cake... can't beat it!
The group cuddle spot. Great place for pics cuz I can almost guarantee nobody will be pushing or kicking or ripping the hair out of anyone else. It's all love right here folks.
Nyla called me into her room and said "I bet you can't find me". Ha! little does she know that I'm awesome and have a superhuman knack for finding. It might have helped that she was laughing so hard the whole carpet was jiggling around... I still say its just my awesomeness.
Yeah, Maren got a bit ripped off with the whole 'snowman' for the birthday thing, but it tasted good so that's all that matters right? I love doing the cakes. I know... I'm totally all homied up... and not in the 'yo homie' kind of way.
This nerd loves headbands. I keep telling her that Kelly will mock her if she wears a headband, but she insists that she's comfortable with who she is as a headband lover. I make her wear them karate kid style because its way cuter. Ha, that's all of them for now.

1 comment:
Your blog rocks my world!!!!! And so do you!!!!!
Post a Comment