Blogger Layouts

Sunday, December 6, 2009

I'm a baking superstar fo' shizzle!


I am in the process of baking roughly 100 zillion cookies. I know that those of you who have known me for years and years might laugh to yourselves a bit since I didn't used to have any of these kind of home skills. Well, I do now, and I'm awesome... I am rocking the cookie basket thing. I don't know if baskets of tasty baked goods are really lame ass 'presents' to give, but that's what's going down. I guess its part of our commitment to complete (or as close as possible) self sufficient lifestyle. Every time I write that I know I sound like a crazy compound person... it will never change... we'll always seem like the weird, robe wearing freaks who hum a lot.
It's really not that weird. And we don't hum... much.
(The farm thing is still moving along... we're going to be in spaz mode pretty soon. Spring is coming sooon!!!!)

Maren's birthday was so nice. I loved it... I'm working on getting the pics onto the computer. It will happen soon. Probably when I'm done baking the zillion cookies.

(These are supposed to be angry farmers... but they're actually cowboys... I'm sure you can deal.)
We don't have a problem with too many eggs anymore. The word hit the street that we're on egg overload and the farmers have been coming out in droves to take what we don't need. It's interesting meeting neighbors who have previously been screaming at us for the great llama breakout of 2009. They really hate us... apparently it wasn't the huge drought that destroyed all of the crops in the northern area, but our llamas who actually trampled every plant in every field. Sweet... love to be blamed for mass destruction of crops. Now they take our eggs, so we're even right? Crazy farmers.

Ok, I'm going to go. I'm distracted by "The Italian Job" on TV. I friggen love that movie.
Catch ya later peeps.

No comments: