Something magical has happened in my house. I got 5 hours of sleep IN A ROW!! Seriously, this NEVER happens. I'm usually walking a fine line between sane and bat-shit crazy thanks to sleep deprivation. Sure, being bat-shit crazy has its perks. We do a lot of fun things because I know if I stop moving for even a second my body will transition into crazy breakdown and I'll end up under the kitchen table rocking back and forth, humming the Imagination Movers' theme song.(We've all been there... right???)
BUT, I prefer being well rested. I can function properly, I'm not putting the milk into the cupboard or forgetting to hard boil the eggs before I break them open... I can get through the day without the coffee induced shakes AND most importantly, have enough coordination to teach Nyla the 'running man'. Oh sweet slumber, you are my friend.
The world seems to be in perfect harmony. The kids ate their breakfast... I mean actually ATE it instead of hiding it (Nyla) or smushing it up their nose (Maren). Even one day of not having to find surprise nasty hiding all over the house, or digging nasty out of a nose is a great day. They are playing nicely together... nobody is beating on or ripping the hair out of anyone. I made the perfect cup of coffee... sigh, the perfect day.
If the hills were alive, the sound of music would be all over them. I swear.
Now, all I need for life to be the level of perfection that we usually only dream about, is that sweet outfit the chick in the pic above is wearing. I'd rock that out...

4 comments:
Your blog need's to win an award!!
Aww... I miss watching the Imagination Movers with Nyla :(
Anita, you make me feel like dancing...
My god, I'd be a bit freaked out to see what kind of award this blog would win... something raw and stinky I bet.
Post a Comment