TOMORROW is Maren's 1st birthday... Is it just me or is this insane??? This year has been painfully slow, and crazy fast at the same time.
I'll save her official birthday post for after her actual birthday, this is just a warming up to her birthday post.
I'm seriously ecstatic. She took her first steps today. She's been holding onto the furniture and walking for a while, but she had her first real taste of freedom today. She of course, got so excited (clapping and squealing) that she fell over, but you could see the pride written all over this little girl. She's talking a bit (the regular stuff, hi, bye, Mommy, Daddy Nyla, Kitty, all done, more, Mommy is a genius...etc... see, just the normal stuff). She is NORMAL, and super awesome.
When she was born they thought she had a stroke, so we were just waiting to see how her development would be... I'm just so happy that she's ok. She's totally caught up to a normal 1 year old. No age correction crap for this kid!
She's happiest when she's naked, but then, who isn't??? I'm personally a big fan of naked.
Nyla is Maren's hero :) They have a lot of fun together... most of the time. Nyla thinks a lot of 'baby stuff' is disgusting. Like how Maren can find anything disgusting on the floor and instantly pop it into her mouth. I have to agree with Nyla on that one. She gives me the dry heaves...
I LOOOOVE my girls. I'm looking forward to the days of being well rested again, but until that day comes (sometime in my 70s right???)I'm going to enjoy the cuteness and weirdness of them.
I am SO excited for Christmas this year! Last year we were in a hotel for Christmas because Maren was still in the hospital. Nyla thinks we have to go back to that hotel for Christmas this year... HELLS NO! We're going to show her how to do it up right. I never used to be big on Christmas (my family wasn't really a Christmas fun type of family), but now I love it. I'm totally going to dress them in freaky Christmas gear so I can embarrass them later on in life... it will be friggen awesome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment