Halloween is not my favorite 'holiday'. I like chocolate like any other self respecting woman, but I'm not big on the dressing up and walking around in the freezing cold waiting for strangers (who are usually dressed up like crazy people) to give my kids some candy. Really, we can run down to the general store to buy some stale candy if we are really that desperate for it...
But I must say that I am blow away by the commitment of the villagers to do it up right. Houses were decorated far beyond anything I have ever seen... complete with smoke shows and theme music. These people don't just give candy, they give decorated and nicely thought out gift bags. INSANE RIGHT?? But really nice. I must say it was a great experience for Nyla... and Maren actually enjoyed it too.
You know how kids can do crazy things that make you want to hide your face and slink into the night??? Yeah... when we went to the first house there was a dude outside screwing fireworks onto the back of his truck (another story in itself). Nyla started screaming and crying because according to her, his costume was too scary. THE DUDE WASN'T WEARING A COSTUME! I swear, he was just a guy... GOOD LORD! What are you supposed to do in a situation like that? She wouldn't even take any candy from him :) Sigh, kids totally make up for all the poo, barf and sleepless nights by sheer entertainment value.
I will post pictures of them in their Halloween finest, but not now cuz it takes a zillion years, and since the 18 bloody inches of snow we got overnight our phone line is lame ass and buzzing which just makes everything take longer. (PS it wasn't literally bloody snow... ewwwww).
(And yes, the guy was actually screwing fireworks to the back of his truck).
Now I'm going to take a minute to rage about Facebook. I like facebook for the fact that its easy to stay in touch with friends who are scattered all over the place. I am probably one of the worlds worst keep-in-touchers. I don't call, rarely email... I generally suck... so facebook is a nice way to stay connected. However, I do not care what you had for dinner... I don't want to play those facebook games that have caught on like crazy... I don't want to help you with your mafia, or fish tank or anything else.
Sometimes I wonder about people and their insatiable need to share useless and annoying info with the rest of the world. (From what I understand twitter is even worse). Its always the same people, and they are always telling me what they're having for dinner, really... every friggen night???? I DON'T GIVE A FLYING RAT'S ASS!
And the absolute WORST are the people who are huge sad sacks and apparently want a lot of sympathy because everything in their life that is wrong has to be slapped up like some sad sack status billboard. COME ON people... start drowning your problems with booze and leave the rest of us in our happy haze. I know I sound hardcore... I'm not even going to defend myself cuz I just don't care. boooooooooo! Where the hell is my wine???
I'm starting to weed out my facebook 'friends'. I used to feel bad about deleting people because it just seemed like a weird thing to do, but I have to admit I find it a bit liberating. If we don't talk, and haven't talked in 6 months or more... why are we pretending we're friends anyway? I'm still into simplifying my life. I like it, its working out great so far.
Maren is 100% better. Nyla didn't get it. Things are good. My little bro, Kieran, did get it, so if you see him give him a high fiver for me. (maybe don't touch his diseased self though... ) he's doing fine now, so don't shun him like a leper (or actually, point and scream 'UNCLEAN' at him... man, that would make me laugh).
Now, I'm going to go get my sleep on. G to the ood night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I laughed so friggen hard at the guy that wasn't wearing a costume....can someone say deliverance??hehe
I'm one of the useless people that update a million times a day with useless info...for example tonight I have...Jenny is smiling...hehe...it drives my husband insane and makes me perfectly happy. I'm a simple girl, with simple ideas.
No Jenny, your updates aren't annoying... trust me.
I have people on my list updating every couple of hours... the most lame and mundane stuff. Almost like "I'm washing my hair in half an hour" then " I'm going to go wash my hair now". Seriously...
There's normal updates and then there are crazy updates. Yours, my friend, are the good crazy ;)
LOL I would have loved to have been there when Nyla did that. I would have just fell to the ground peeing myself laughing!!!
Post a Comment