Blogger Layouts

Monday, November 16, 2009

Oh, you know you want it.



So, I've mentioned at length my issues with a hell of a lot of eggs. What to do with them, where to hide them... etc etc. I was chatting with Legs (amazing author of The MILF Report) about how great it would be to find alternative uses for the eggs... egg booze for example. Not many people can gag down massive quantities of Egg Nog (really, kind of like swallowing a glass of snot), but there is a similar kind of egg booze that might actually catch on. Check out Advocaat. I know what you're thinking... it could go one of two ways. It could be sweeeeet or pretty rough. Apparently its actually good. I'm going to try it :) Anyone want to come give it a try???
Booze you eat with a spoon. What could go wrong????

Next, I'm not understanding the whole "Twilight" phenomenon. (I'm talking about the books and movies, not the evening twilight in case you've been living under a rock for the past year or so and have no idea what I'm talking about).
No, I haven't read the books or even watched the movie, so who knows, maybe its some kind of literary genius, but I'm guessing that its just a mediocre series about teenage romantic angst... vampire style.
I've done the whole teenage romantic angst thing, now I've grown and moved on to inventing egg booze... I just don't have interest in watching a bunch of mopey teenagers dwell on the sadness that is vampire love. Come on people... vampire love???
I don't understand how this series is coming close to eclipsing the whole Titanic phenomenon. Titanic is TITANIC! Now THAT is a movie... sigh... I still cry every time. It's times like this that I realize that I'm growing up. (I know, it really shouldn't be such a shock).
If I feel the need to drool over a vampire I'll watch Interview With a Vampire. Hello... Brad Pitt? Its just not right for people to be all drooley over the kid vampire in twilight when there are manly man vampires to drool over (if that's your thing. I'm not into the goth/ vampire love movement).

Well, I'm going to go consume large amounts of coffee, then convince my children that its time to go collect even more eggs. Nothing but a party at our house!

2 comments:

Legs said...

Okay, for real, go out and buy some real aadvacaat, mix it with gingerale and ice (stir it good so it's frothy) drink up and tell me with a straight face you didn't just taste love. Note: If you didn't, my whole childhood is a lie but don't let that sway your opinion.

Then make make a bunch and send me some.

PS: I'm already working on the bottle labeling.

PPS: xoxo

Anonymous said...

you are not missing anything being out of the loop on the whole twilight thing. as for literary works of genius...notf-inglikely. more like angst filled romance novels without the juicy, dirty stuff. i was forced at gunpoint to read the first one. i'd rather be shot than have to read the second...
-J