Winter is less busy then summer, but there are still daily chores to be done, regardless of the weather.
I have compiled my list of winter heros...

1. Sorel Boots: These are not sexy boots... but they are awesome for many different reasons. You can clean various kinds of animal crap off REALLY easily. I haven't found a boot that is taller or warmer. I searched for the highest boots I could find. I friggen hate getting a snow soaker in the middle of chores...
One thing that really pissed me off is that NO women's boots are made as real work boots. WTF?? Do they think that women just skip along in heels all winter long? That none of us actually have to wade through the feet of friggen snow?? Come on...
So, I was pleased to find that sorel does in fact keep it real for women too. OH, and they have kids boots that are also taller then any other boots I could find.

2. MEC gear: All MEC gear... especially the kids stuff. I'm usually dragging the kids out with me, and its nice to know that they aren't freezing either. They are both toasty critters and don't usually whine at all (about being cold anyway). Plus, Nyla loves hers because it looks like an astronaut suit... how can you go wrong with that??
I know a lot of people are big on The North Face. I get it... it looks nice, its trendy, but I'm still a MEC girl. I'm sure a lot of North Face stuff kicks ass, but I'm leery about forking out all that cash for what has become a trendy brand name. How much are you spending JUST for the name? Or is it really worth it?? I don't know. Anyone try both and have an answer?

3. Rope: Yup, plain old rope. Man, I can't count the number of times I've had to scrounge around for some rope... even today. Yup, sounds super lame, like I'm some kind of rope freak, but trust me... you'd love it too.
AND I can tie up and hide a certain douchebag who thinks its ok to drive around the property at all hours of the day and night being all douchey. I need some douche-be-gone. Someone should market that... Legs??? do it.

4. A good knife: Ok, so its pretty self explanatory. I'm not a knife snob... as long as it cuts and it fits in my pocket I'm quite happy. I'm not a freaky spaz who wears a machete on my belt. I don't wear a belt either so that would be tricky.
I should totally become a freaky machete person... that would friggen rock.
Don't piss me off, I'll machete your tires.

5. Cross Country Skis/ show shoes: oh yeah baby... Nyla is getting a pair of each this year. We're going to rock it out. I don't want to put Maren in the baby backpack while I'm skiing (I am after all the world's clumsiest human), so I'm trying to put together something that will work to pull her behind me. Any ideas??? Remember, it has to be far enough behind that I won't be tripping on it over and over. I know they make sleds, but its ME making it. I'm not THAT handy. Maybe I should just buy one. I bet it would be really handy for carrying my machete :)
I'm still looking for the king of all gloves. So far all the gloves in the world have been big ol' crappers. No good at all. I'm talking multi-purpose gloves. I don't want ski gloves... they're only warm on the back. I need gloves that will hold up to llama spit and chicken shit. Man, I bet you wish you were me RIGHT?? Glamor, glamor, glamor... its a rough life ;)
Let me know if you have any great ideas.
We are now living in quite the winter wonderland. Its crazy how much snow we're getting, and how mild the temp is. Perfect :)
THIS is why living in the middle of nowhere is actually not so bad, and why having an assly long driveway can be quite nice...

Nyla turned to me and said, "Mommy, I don't think I could eat a whole horse... well, maybe if it was made of snow I could". Right, ok.
When the sun came out it got all steamy and foggy. Pretty nice day for a walk. Hunter (the dog... PS we didn't name him, we got him from the pound all old and already named) took a big crappo right after this and fouled up the pretty air. Nyla was actually gagging. Sweet. I bet you're glad I shared :)
Well, that's it for me. My renewed vigor for blogging is taking its toll. I'm tired... Catch ya later alligators.

5 comments:
I know the Chariot has a ski attachment. Might be pricey.
^^^
I wanted to add that I love x country skiing as well. I used to do it years ago, even when I was pregnant with my oldest. One of these years I'm going to invest in some equipment. I have snowshoes, but never use them..
We can be skiing buddies. Seriously! Invest at the end of this season, then next year we can ski to our heart's content. I love snowshoeing too. We're going to party it up ski and snowshoe style :)
I'm totally roping you into a whole crapload of shenanigans... just think its fair to warn you :)
Thanks to Ruth for sending me some info about baby sleds to pull behind while skiing.
You're awesome homie R!
You NEED to enter the last pic with Hunter on this post into a photo contest....but not Wayne's Weather Window scam on global....all he gives out is a pen or a t-shirt. Share the wealth Wayne, share the wealth...
Post a Comment