Blogger Layouts

Saturday, April 25, 2009

It's all about procrastination



Yup, two posts in two days... I'm amazing.
Actually I'm trying to delay the process of checking the weasel traps. ewwww.

Have you been listening to any radio lately? Local or satellite?? I'm shocked and a little bit disturbed. Everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY is doing an 80's re-make. When the 80's re-makes started making an appearance it was kind of fun, but now it seems like ANY song goes. Even the songs that were crap the first time around...
I understand why people are jumping on the 80's bandwagon. It proved successful for a few bands, but now its getting sad.
I remember a few years ago Tori Amos did an album that was mostly if not completely re-made songs. I remember thinking how lame that was, even for Tori. It takes the bare minimum of effort. Boooo I say!
Although, in all fairness, for some of these bands it could be an improvement. I absolutely cannot stand songs with lyrics that sound like one of your buddy's sad ass poetry. (PS: please don't ask me to read your sad ass poetry... please...) (By the way, Ruth, your poetry isn't sad ass).

Now, moving on to some music I'm enjoying very much. Maybe I should be embarrassed to admit that I like Lady GaGa so much... not to the point of 'girl crush'... but well, ok, total girl crush.
I'm wondering if anyone is immune to her music. Do you break out into dance when you hear one of her songs??? How can you not?
Next time I clean the chicken coop I'm sooooo bringing my ipod with me.

Speaking of cleaning the chicken coop... I had one of the most disturbing experiences of my life yesterday. I was cleaning up around the coop. We've only been here for a year and there is SOOOO much work to be done that we didn't even get anywhere near the chicken coop last year. Anyway, I found 2 buckets that were full of watery stuff so I dumped them before throwing the buckets in the 'haul to the dump' pile. To my complete disbelief and horror, the buckets were filled with HUMAN CRAP! So I was dry heaving and trying to keep Nyla away from the nasty crap, and realizing simultaneously that it was all over my gloves.
If I didn't have kids around me at the time you can not believe the things that would have come out of my mouth. I was thinking them very loudly... I would have made you blush.
Ugh... it still makes me shudder and feel creepy crawly. ewwwww. People are freaks.
Please, don't ever crap in a bucket and leave it for an unsuspecting soul to find...

Ok, no more procrastination. I'm off to catch a weasel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How goes the weasel patrol? Oh and FYI, weasels aren't rodents. Just thought you should know. =op Also, thank you for the Christmas card!!
-james