Blogger Layouts

Friday, March 20, 2009

Love fest



Some days I find that I'm giddily in love with my girls. I always love them, but some days I can't get enough of them. I smush them and cuddle them and sneek peeks at them... totally smitten. I can't hug them enough, I can't kiss them enough... sigh...
When I put Nyla to bed I lay down with her. We cuddle nose to nose as close as possible. We start out trying to make each other giggle with funny faces, then move on to making up stories. Eventually we end the story time with all of our goofy kisses..her favorite right now is the puppy kiss... yup, I lick her face:)
Every night its the same, and I LOVE it.
And Maren... she is so sweet. She's really into eye contact. She has an unwavering stare with big blue eyes... totally heart melting. She'll stare and stare then burst into a big fat grin. That little gummy face is beyond beautiful.
I always thought it was lame when people talked about their kids all the time, but now I understand. There is nobody on the planet as cool as these girls. Nobody comes close.

We had a great day yesterday. It was warm enough for everyone, including Maren to go outside. We have the perfect tobogganing hill in the llama pasture. Llamas are surprisingly into tobogganing. When we'd make a run down the hill they'd all run behind us down the path we made. It was almost like they thought they were doing the same thing we were. I wish I had my camera out because it was freak show and funny at the same time.
I had my first Llama related accident. I'm trying to halter train them, so some are a bit spooked. We have a big stupid dog who likes to sneak up behind them and spaz out until they in turn begin to spaz out and run spazzily as fast and far away as possible. I, unfortunately, was in the path of one of them when it decided to spaz and run. She didn't see me, she just whipped around and ran without thinking... right into me. This is where I'd normally swear like a sailor, but all I'll say is that it hurt like a mofo. Being chest-bumped by a llama sucks rats asses. I'm proud of myself though. I didn't go all Chuck Norris on the llama, I stayed remarkably calm. I am a picture of maturity and poise...

Has everyone else been realizing that its march and still surprisingly winterish? Are we the only ones STILL getting blizzards??? Am I the only one starting to twitch about this a bit?

I'm going to go stare into some beautiful baby eyes :) peace out homeslice...

2 comments:

joni said...

as always .. awesome post.

gee i hope you aren't to bruised though.. yikes... good job at being the calm mature woman you have become now. wink wink

Anonymous said...

we're still getting blizzards too. i'm not getting twitchy, i'm spazzing like a llama!

-j