Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Snowed In

Being snowed in is interesting. It makes me want to get out. It makes me push the limits of the 4X4... sort of like flipping the bird to the elements. Unfortunately, the elements have no problem trouncing the pants off the 4X4.
Once again I tried, and once again I failed... AND to add to my annoyance, that damned moose sits its big moose ass on the driveway, so even if I could get out I'd have to drive through its ass in order to make it to the highway. That's a trip I don't ever want to take.
Yup, this is my big news for the day. I'm awesome. Stay tuned for my next riveting post...

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Did you get in the 4X4 and rev the crap outta the truck!! Hell yeah!!LOL...
I feel so clausterphobic when I'm snowed in. It's the creepiest feeling.
Joni and I were talking about you the other day...all good. We wished you lived close so our school could get our produce from you for the salad bar...sigh...that would rock!
:)
Anyhow I just visualized you looking like cruella deville, babes strapped into the front seat of your pickup truck, and with sheer cruella driving abilities ramming that moose's ass out of your driveway!!

Ruth said...

ok...
1. I hate being snowed in. Its only actually happened once to me & its not the most comforting feeling.
2. Seriously, you have a moose on your driveway??? The amount of bears, moose and other various animals you have at your home is astounding!!
I'm the biggest wimp when it comes to wild animals.
I would have inner rage at the moose, but I would never have follow through!!:S

Anonymous said...

Hello?!? You have a gun! Moose is DELICIOUS!!! ...think about it...

joni said...

bahahaha .. i am with the last commenter.. moose is good.. and really .. you'd be up to all that packaging.. smile.

sorry your 4x4 isn't big enough..
next year. And get a good sled while your shopping.


ps.. i love being snowed in.
crazy but very true. i just bake more. ((smile))

Anita said...

Jenny: Yes :) I won't argue that I had a Cruella vibe going... Luckily for the girls they were safe at home with Darryl :)
Wouldn't it be cool if we could supply the school's produce?? Maybe it could happen!

Ruth: Yes, we have a moose on the driveway (in its defense, the driveway is close to a mile long).
We have some homicidal weasles too... I should start taking pictures :)

Jameso: I'm not interested in being elbow deep in moose innards... ewww.

Joni: Our sad little 4X4 is definitely not up to the challenge of rural winter living. Oh boy, that will change! I get the snow rage... it can't be good for me. I don't mind normal snow, but freaky, drifted creepo snow is rats ass in my opinion.
I wish you were here, I'd bake with you!