Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The secret is out

You may remember that I've been very excited but unable to share why. Well, I can FINALLY share :)
We have decided to start an organic vegetable farm. At first it was just a big dream because really... how the heck do you survive by running a vegetable farm???
Darryl had a meeting with the Native Agricultural Society with absolutely amazing results. They loved our idea and are willing to help us get it off the ground. Not only will we have the regular gardens, but a commercial greenhouse and farm store complete with commercial kitchen so we can sell organic baking and canning. We'll also be selling eggs and llama fur products ;)
There are lots of other ideas, but some stuff should be a surprise right???!

I realize that this will sound crazy to some people, but we love the farm life and we aren't afraid of the work involved. Its going to be AMAZING!!!
Its going to take some time to get everything going, so by this time next year we will be settled and getting ready for the spring planting season.

I'm totally going to go all 'farmy'. I'm going to drive my tractor everywhere and wear my rubber boots ALL the time :) I'm sure they make rubber boots with heels right??

This is only funny if you've seen 'Trainspotting'


What do you think about this for a logo???? ;)

I'm looking forward to updating on our most recent 'adventure'.

PS: BOOOOOO on nay sayers!!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

That is really exciting!! What a great opportunity for you and your family. I can just picture Nyla and Maren running up and down the rows of fresh produce, blond hair glistening in the sun...........so sweet!! I look forward to hearing more. Hopefully the bear, you and your gun dont scare potential customers off!! LOL

Anonymous said...

I love the logo! There may be some sort of trademark infringement thing going on, but you have a gun don't worry about it.
As to the organic farm/farming products, what about organic Llama BURGERS?!?!!? mmmmm-llama-licious!

-j

Ruth said...

Hokie Stinking Pick!!!! This is the greatest thing ever!!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!
I could design a business card for you or take a picture of your family on a tractor or something...lol!!!!!
You have our support!!!! ORGANIC FARMERS ROCK!!!!

Anita said...

Thanks guys!! We are sooooo excited!
It's nice to hear from people who don't think we're insane :)

Ruth! Are you serious?? I'd LOVE that. You're a rockstar!

joni said...

Anita .. lol i love your pic-logo-girl.. she kinda looks like you.. and smiling like you.. and giving someone who is nasty the bird like you.. all at the same time.
lol... i love it.

and seriously .. ANITA you ROCK the entire jukebox world!!!!

oye awesome work!!

Jenny said...

Way to go Anita!!!
Immediately of thought of this song for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Rb44MHzLc

Ruth said...

totally!!!! it would so awesome!!!! just let me know when things get rolling and I'll start sending ideas your way!!!!