
I've been talking a lot about Darryl's illness and how it has caused difficulties, but now I feel like its important to share more about Nyla's Daddy.
Regardless of how ill Darryl has been, how he feels or what's going on, he is always 100% Nyla's Daddy.
The way they giggle together, or sing, read or play together, the way they look at eachother, and the patient way Darryl teaches Nyla countless things... well, let me just say that this little girl has the kind of Daddy that a lot of people REALLY need/ed or want/ed.
Her Daddy will love her, teach her, comfort her, protect her and will be there to share her joys and her pain. He is completely and utterly devoted to her, he completely and utterly loves her, and he truly does cherish his time with her.
I know that a lot of children don't experience this, and it makes me so grateful for the man that Darryl is. He was made to be a Daddy and I'm sooooooo incredibly lucky/blessed/grateful that he is MY daughter's Daddy.
I guess I just realized that even in the middle of craziness there can still be fairytale moments. And this is one of the best fairytales I have ever seen.
You sir, are truly amazing.





3 comments:
What a beautiful tribute to your hubby!!
Oh my goodness Anita! That was one of the most beautiful posts I have ever read! Darryl is a great Daddy!!
Wow you brought tears to my eyes. Nyla is one lucky girl!
Post a Comment