Blogger Layouts

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Llama spit and other fun things...



So, we picked up Hailey Llama... So far she's ok, but pretty lonely. I'm sure most of you will think we're crazy, but we're making room for 5 more Llamas. Some or all of them might be pregnant, but hey... how much trouble can a baby llama be??
I'm going to send the fiber (wool) away to get spun and some of it dyed, then I'll be knitting for the rest of my freaking life. (yeah, I'm a dorky knitter).
I have to admit that I'm excited about the new arrivals. The woman we're getting them from is going to teach me how to shear them and clip their creepy toe nails... ewwww. I'm ok with shearing, but Llama feet are creepo in my opinion.
The llama is afraid of Nyla. I don't really blame her though. Nyla screeches at her at the top of her lungs... I'd be scared if I were a llama too. She was so scared she spit at us (the llama, not Nyla). That is another kind of creepy altogether...

We had some visitors last week. Kelsey (a friend from massage school) and AJ (a guy we just can't get rid of no matter how hard we try... KIDDING! He's a friend from Smithers).
We had a great time. I know that they both LOVED the farm life and wish they could have stayed forever (heeheeeee), but they're welcome back anytime.
I'm going to post some pics :) I'm sure they'll both be thrilled.
H'mmm, well my internet connection is freaky, so I can't do pics today. I'll try again soon.

2 comments:

Christy said...

That guy looks like a crazy!! haha!

Jenn said...

I love your new addition. Just remember not to get to many animals that you can't come visit!