Blogger Layouts

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Our family is expanding...

Next weekend we will be welcoming...

An Alpaca


A Llama

A cutie pie dog (Great Pyrenees cross)

And about 25 chickens
We had decided not to get any animals until after we move to Smithers, but then all of a sudden in ONE day we found out that all these critters need a home. We have the space, the barn and the chicken coop so why not??? They can all move with us when the time comes :)


We're not 100% sure that the dog will be coming to live with us. We need to make sure she's kid, cat and other animal friendly first. What a cutie though eh??

We need to re-name the Alpaca (Hailey) and Llama (Midnight Silk) because I don't like giving animals human names, and who the hell names a Llama Midnight Silk???? CRAZY people that's who. Poor Llama is probably TOTALLY embarrassed...


Feel free to leave your name suggestions here or call or email me.


If anyone wants to come fix fences or help clean out the nasty barn and chicken coop we'd love the company :) I'll even provide food and beer (Darryl explained that those are the two necessities for this kind of work).

I'll take some pictures when our new family members arrive.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I sure wish Joni and I lived closer to you. Joni would be such a great help, and I'd be there having myself a nice cold beer!LOL

Anita said...

NO BEER WITHOUT WORK! Well, I might bend the rules. I'm sure you'd make us laugh a lot :)

Christy said...

Those first two guys look crazy!!! You will have to take some family pics! haha

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh! You are crazy. I love it. I cant wait to hear about your crazy stories now.......I am sure your new arrivals will keep you busy and entertained. Love you have fun!

Ruth said...

Well, who can really say that they expand their families in such a unique & interesting way!
I agree with the no human names unless they are old english names like beatrice & howard, somehow those don't count.
Anyway, hmmm...names??!! I'll get back to you!!
Lots of Love