Blogger Layouts

Sunday, February 10, 2008

The amazing swelling face...

So, apparently its common to devolp allergies when you're an adult... WHO KNEW! Not me that's for sure.
Last night my bro's girlfriend (Ashley) was over. We had dinner and were happily munching on some strawberries when all of a sudden my scalp started itching. I didn't think much of it... it was weird but not alarming. Then my neck was really itchy and my lips felt funny. I went to the bathroom and freaked the hell out of myself when I looked in the mirror. My face and neck were insane... (apparently Ashley didn't notice that my face had swollen to ginormous proportions because she was sitting beside me and we were watching T.V). I was about as sexy as Will Smith in the picture below.


I called the Nurses line, and of course they told me to call 911... Well, by the time we got to the hospital my throat was closing and I was trying to rip my skin off it was soooo bloody itchy. It was kind of funny now that I look back on it. It reminded me of a Monty Python doctor sketch... maybe it was just because I was in a panic, but it seemed like a freaking nut house. Ashley was holding my hands trying to keep me from ripping my skin off and I was swearing like a sailor at everyone. Then of course they tell you that they're going to shove needles into your butt cheek... so I stood up and bared my arse for the world to see (nothing new for me I guess) and because I was still panicking I set off the heart rate alarm. If you ever want a lot of attention at a hospital, set off the heart rate alarm.

Anyway, I left drugged up. Slept like a log for HOURS and am completely fine. Its probably the stuff they spray on the strawberries (just another reason to go completely organic). I'm not going to eat strawberries again unless they come from my own garden. Too bad, I love strawberries...

The morals of this story?? First, when they tell you to call 911 listen to them. Second, that spray stuff is evil. It doesn't come off with normal washing. I'd suggest firebombing your fruit to clean it from now on if you don't buy organic. :)

Evil Bastards.........

5 comments:

Jenn said...

WE are more alike everyday!!!!!!!! Now you understand my life!

Anita said...

It's all because you breathed your evil spores all over me...
Next time keep your cooties to yourself! At least I won't be flashing Andy :P

Anonymous said...

Wow Im glad that you are ok now and that you were not alone when this happened.

Jenny said...

I developed a seafood allergy 3.5 years ago. I can relate. It's the worst feeling. So far I'm allergic to prawns(and they are so amazing...sigh), shrimp, and crab.
Allergies are nasty stuff.

joni said...

Anita .. awful.

fresh is best.. i hope you have a crop already planted by your soon to be place,

.. oh the fun you'll have in spring!!