Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Quick update



I have to make this a quick one, so I'll leave out all the goofy details and just fill up the post with my wit and humor... OR, I'll add lots of pics of Nyla so people will stop sending me angry emails.

Christmas with Nyla was so fun. We put up the tree on christmas eve when she went to bed, so you can imagine how shocked she was in the morning. She had a lot of fun opening gifts and trying everything out.
I spent a good part of the day in the ER with my dad, but still managed to pull things off relatively smoothly (dinner was amazing... I AM a master chef!). Darryl's sister Laurie was here... I think she's the reason things went so smoothly so THANK YOU Laurie. You're a rock star! My bro Kevin and his girlfriend were here too, so we had a nice group for dinner.
We didn't get a family picture like I had planned because the day flew by so fast and before I realized it Nyla was in bed. I have some pics of Nyla in her Christmas dresses too. I'll add them later.





Nyla loves her Aunty Laurie. She calls her Gogaaaa (very cute). when she sees a picture of her and Laurie together she does her excited dance and screams 'GOGAAAAAAAAAAAAA' at the top of her lungs.
I played Nyla a video of her and Laurie together... I felt so bad, she was trying to get to the computer to give her Aunty Laurie a hug and broke down into tears when she realized she wasn't actually here. It broke my heart! It won't be tooooo long till we're back in the same area, so hopefully they can hang out lots.



H'mmm, what else.... My bro Kevin and his girlfriend are waiting not so patiently for their son to be born... we're all excited to meet this little dude.

Now, Darryls update. How blooody annoying can this get??? REALLY bloody annoying.
We're still no further ahead then we were a month ago. His tests show a really high level of tissue death, but they're not sure where its coming from. He does more tests toward the end of this month to check the levels again, and after that who the hell knows.
We've heard that its possibly cancer, but we just don't know where. So until I hear otherwise I'm choosing not to believe that. I have another appointment set up on Friday (i think), so I'm going to bust some heads until I get some answers... or I guess I can ask nicely...
I can't remember if I posted about his tard of a 'specialist', but that guy is an ass. We're still waiting to see where he'll have to go to see the next specialist (cross your fingers for Edmonton).
He's really tired and in constant pain, so I hope we can get some answers soon.

So, that's life in a nutshell. Nyla is growing like crazy. She learned how to take off all of her clothes, and is pretty darn proud of herself for it :) All of her teeth are in now so she's chomping away at anything she can.
I'm sure there's more, but I have a zillion things to do before I go to sleep so I better get shaking.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Hey girl, I sure everything is going okay for you these days!

Anita said...

Jenny, jenny bo benny!

Things are a barrel of monkeys as usual :)