Blogger Layouts

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Well, its a miracle :)

My Dad can now enjoy listening to his mp3 player. He keeps muttering over and over, " I just can't believe they can fit so many songs into a contraption so tiny". I just say "Yeah, its nuts alright..."
Now I have hundreds of OLD country songs on my computer. I'm actually surprised that listening to some of them didn't make me want to scream... some of them actually brought back some vivid childhood memories.
One song I will always love is 'The Highwayman' sung by The Highwaymen (Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson and Kris Kristofferson).



Now, in other news, I'm looking for snowshoes that will fit a toddler. I found a pair that are cute, but not very practical. If anyone has found some that are good, please let me know where you tracked them down (Right now she's in a size 5 boot). We'll be using them a lot so I don't want to waste money on crapola. I guess I'm just looking for reviews if you have any.
Check out these cute ones :)They're super cheap, so if you have kiddos who'd love to make dinosaur tracks in the snow I'll pass on the link.



If you're looking for really good quality gear check out http://www.msrgear.com/index.asp
Sucks that the kids snowshoes are too big for Nyla :(

MEC has a really cute set of little cross country skiis that we're going to get for Nyla for next year. Have I mentioned that I'm freaking excited to be moving far out of town??
I have a feeling she's going to be stuck in the backpack til spring. Poor little girl, she loves to explore. Unfortunately the snow out there is as deep as she is tall.
Anyway, let me know if you've found any great gear for small, but determined toddlers :)

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Canadian tire does have 2 sets of snowshoes for kids. Not sure if they will be too big for her,as she is still pretty little.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/home.jsp?locale=en&postal=M4P+1V8
"kids flurry" and the "powderridge"
page 2 of the snowshoes.

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anita said...

Thanks Jenny! You rock the kasbah (although I don't want details of your kasbah rocking).

I'm not usually a fan of country, but I do love the older stuff. I have a particular love for country from the 30's and 40's.
Definitely yaaaay for us!

Anita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.