Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Nyla is a cool cat!


I know her hairdo is goofy, i do that to keep it out of her eyes while its growing.

One thing I really love about Nyla is her amazing coolness :) She has invented her own dance moves... hard to explain them, so I've been trying to catch her on video. No luck yet...
Her new favorite song is 'Immigrant Song' by Led Zeppelin.



I have the beginning of this song as the ringtone on my cell, so she gets pretty excited every time my phone rings. No matter where we go if she hears this song she'll completely throw herself into dance. This is no little rock back and forth dance... this is a full body dance :) it's almost like she does a bit of headbanging, and then scrunches up really small on the floor so she can jump up really high... then she starts stomping (I call this move 'happy feet') and stomps herself into a circle... My absolute favorite move is when she concentrates hard to keep her legs still and just dances with her top half. She waves her torso back and forth kind of like Stevie Wonder. This kid is amazingly cool:) I love that she has her own style already.
I REALLY wish I had a video of her. I'll add it when I finally get it.

I have more to update, but not the time to do it. I'll be back...

3 comments:

Christy said...

She is so big!!! Where did you get her slippers? They are awsome!

Anonymous said...

Wow she is so big now...

Anita said...

I know, it seems like she's just sprouted in the past month. She doesn't even seem like a baby anymore!

Christy, Imelda got the slippers for her at Old Navy. I love them too :)