
Those of you who know me know that there is no end to the weird that happens around me. For the most part I've learned to just go with it, after all, these are the things that make life interesting right? RIGHT??? Well ok, maybe 'interesting' isn't the right word...
This past week it seems that we have acquired a weirdo. An annoying weirdo... a DUMB annoying weirdo. Someone who creeps around the house in broad daylight and from time to time forgets to turn off their cell phone like any self respecting weirdo would do.
You see, we live way out in the middle of nowhere. Our driveway is about a mile long and we're the only ones here. The first time I heard a cellphone ring outside the house and the person took off I was like, "H'mmm, that was weird". (I should mention that nobody drives up the driveway which means they'd have to be super creepy cuz there's no way they'd just stumble across the place). Then I saw someone skulking around the field, then yesterday heard the cell phone ring outside again. Now I'm pissed off. Nobody drives up the driveway, nobody stops to say "Hey, I'm a random weirdo skulking around, but I'm harmless... really". They never come when Darryl is here. They just skulk and run.
My dogs should be ashamed of themselves... they love people... any people. Even skulkers, and tend to take off with the skulker like he/she is taking them for a walk. NICE.
I told my older brother because he knows all sorts of stuff about what you can do to random weirdos who bug you. He suggested I call the police. I don't like the police.... but I finally agreed. I called the non-emergency number cuz really, what are they going to do??? Drive 40 minutes to our house, walk around and say something like "Well, I don't see anyone". Yeah, really helpful. BUT I was told to call 911. So I called 911. The 911 person proceeded to bitch me out because I wasn't being murdered or threatened at that present moment and I was wasting her time. AWESOME. I told her I'd be sure to call her back when I was sure I was about to be murdered.
And people wonder why I don't like or respect the police? pffft.
Anyway, I'm annoyed at the skulker, I'm annoyed at the useless cops and I'm annoyed that I feel nervous about the whole thing. I'm holding myself back from going all 'crazy commando' and blowing the mofo out of the woods... for now. If it keeps happening I'm going to let my inner crazy come out.
IN OTHER NEWS:
I LOVE the Predator movies. I watched them with my big bro when I was a kid. I saw the other day that there's a new Predator movie... PREDATORS. I'm so friggen jacked about that. I don't care how lame the movie is I'm going to enjoy it. It's not like the originals are cinematic genius... but they're still radical :) Yeah, I said radical. You love it. I'm not sold on Adrian Brody being anything predator-ish, but I'll keep an open mind until he starts to sing and cry. (No, I'm not an Adrian Brody fan).
Ok, Time to go camp... and make some Margaritas. Catch ya later!

3 comments:
That is FREAKY! I say you show him the business end of your gun. - C
Dude....this is freaking me out. You need video surveillance STAT! Lock your doors and wait until you see him on the monitor, call 911 and then grab your loaded shotgun and get ready to rock. For real.
And when my rottie has puppies, yer getting one...
xo
I know. This person is seriously pissing me off. I'm pretty close to going all commando on their ass.
Video surveillance would be awesome...
Well, I'm a really good shot, so they better piss off or end up missing body parts.
The farm community around here is now keeping an eye out for random weirdos so I feel a bit better. It's kind of nice how everyone is prepared to come with guns a blazing :)
Sigh... I'm inventing some 'weirdo be gone' stuff. I'll make millions!
Post a Comment