Blogger Layouts

Sunday, August 2, 2009

The reign of the evil sun is OVER! We've had a full 24 hours of storming and hard, crazy rain. I LOVE IT! I love being able to go outside without feeling like my eyelids are vaporizing. My pale ass kids could leave the house without being slicked down in a vat of oozy, slippery sunscreen. Have you ever tried to hold on to a hot, sweaty baby who has literally been greased up? Yeah, go try it, its super fun.
But we survived. I'm the only one that cooked my melon to barf-it-up extremes... damned lost hat (which I found once the rain started... buggers).
My crazy, old lady neighbor told me that she was taking lots of cool baths.. as if that wasn't already too much info, she felt the need to tell me all about her heat rash too. SWEET! I must be getting too friendly, I should really start throwing things at her again.

Do you ever see something that makes you laugh a lot for no apparent reason? I saw this and seriously, every time I think about it I laugh.
Just thought I'd share, since laughing is an important part of life.


I'm going to admit something... I love 80s music (and 90s too). You know when you're driving somewhere listening to local radio and they bust out the great 'old' stuff. Come on people... who isn't instantly rocketed back to the past when you hear a certain Bryan Adams song? EVERYBODY has a Bryan Adams related memory (admit it you closet Adams fans). The great thing is that it doesn't even matter if you love him or think he blows, his music is still stamped all over our generation. Helooooo Robin Hood???
I want to know.. which songs instantly send you flying down memory lane? (Not necessarily Adams related).
To this day I love 'Wonderwall' by Oasis. It was pretty much played to death on radio, but it instantly brings me back to a really great summer before college. Lots of great memories, lots of great people... great times.
'Just like Jesse James' by Cher makes me think of the days of sneaking out, playing pool at Gus', Carmen :)
And I have my fair share of Bryan Adams related memories :D
I love that, I love hearing a song and instantly being transported to another time. I love all the great memories that are too easy to forget when we're supposed to be all 'grown up'.
Share yours!

4 comments:

Ruth said...

'Wonderwall' is literally one of the most memory inducing songs. As well as 'Zombie' by the Cranberries & The whole of 'The Jagged Little Pill'
Good ol' Memories! :)

p.s. send the storms our way!!!!!!

Legs said...

Omg. Too many, I can't pick.

Have to go with "Welcome to the jungle" we played it over and over at the first 'booze' party I ever went to as a kid. It. was. awesome.

Anita said...

Hahahaa! Good ol' GnR :)
My sister and I used to smoke our brains out to Slaughter and Skid Row. We thought we were so bad ass!
I dated a guy who always sang "tarzan boy" I can't remember who sings it, but man I hate that effing song!

Ya Ruth, Jagged little pill :) forgot about that one!

Legs said...

"Ricky was a young boy, he had a heart of stone..." Or was it heart of gold? Can't remember, though I do remember how much I looooved Skid Row! Hahaha!!