This weekend the annual fall fair and rodeo was in town, which provides a social outlet for all the town's weirdos... It's like a big ol' weirdo convention, complete with carnies, barf and cowboys.
I'm not one who generally gives a flying rats ass about 'fashion'. I do my own thing, so I don't judge others who have their own fashion freak inside of them. I do, however, have to draw the line somewhere... I don't understand how anyone could leave the house thinking its ok to wear a bustier, jogging pant capris and 4 inch spike stilettos. Am I alone here in believing that this is so wrong??
I remember reading a friend's facebook status a few weeks ago about how she was working somewhere and was faced with seeing too many butt cheeks thanks to the resurgence of short shorts. I laughed... until I understood her pain. Where to you look to ease your eyes from the damage inflicted by nasty ass, when it is EVERYWHERE??
We taught Nyla all about being private and covering what is supposed to be covered quite a while ago. So I was trying in vain to shield her from the endless parade of skanks, when a particularly skanky skank skanked on by. Nyla piped up and said, "I don't think she knows that boobies are supposed to be private". Wow... my little girl, almost 3 years old has more sense then 75% of the people we saw there. Amazing!
One thing I do love about the fair is that the local farmers set up a petting zoo for kids. Both the kids LOOOOOVED it. Nyla, being the outgoing and cutie pie child that she is managed to charm people into letting her cuddle the animals Elmyra style. When we were passing the goats she eyed one up and said, "Mommy, I could wrestle that goat". WHAT??? Sigh... for some reason this kid has been on a wrestling kick. Her big dream is to wrestle an alligator, or now, a goat. She's practicing on her teddy bears... She's so proud of herself I don't have the heart to tell her that she's nuts. If you happen to visit, be prepared to have a little girl fling herself onto you and yell "I'm wrestling you... FALL DOWN!".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Nyla is so much like you it's not even funny! You would wrestle goats if you had the chance I am sure!!
Dude, I'd totally destroy those goats! Rrroooaaarrr :)
Post a Comment