Blogger Layouts

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Kiddos

I have not made good on my promise to email pictures to everyone... I'm so terrible I haven't even emailed pictures to Grandparents! That's the lowest of the low I know.
So, here are just a couple of pictures of the girlies. They're both doing well. Nyla is very interested in music right now. She doesn't care what the instrument is, she loves to play it. She especially loves the drums, harmonica, guitar and tambourine. I have a feeling she's going to be a throwback to the 60's :)
I have never in my life seen a soul with so much energy. She's definitely a twinkling star.

This is what happens when you let kids dress themselves. She chose jammies and an undie hat... yes, she's wearing underwear on her head. She liked the fact that her hair could 'see out too'.


Maren is so much like Nyla, but so different. She is the most laid back kid I've ever seen. She wakes up with a huge grin and generally has the grin all day. Teething has thrown a wrench into her easy going attitude, but she is just lovely. Cuddly, sweet and drooly. She is a bit disgusting at this point... she can crap up to her shoulders, barf all over herself (and me) and drool all over her face and down her stomach in the span of minutes. I seriously just want to hose her off sometimes...
She has no premie issues that we've noticed. She's doing full rolls and beginning to sit up a bit (supported). She's 7 months old and doing great.


So, that's a quick update. I won't even promise to send pictures anymore. I'll just say that eventually it will happen. Really...

5 comments:

Ashley said...

You're kids are breath-takingly gorgeous!! I am glad you are all well.

Christy said...

I can't believe that Maren is 7 months old! Where did that 7 months go? Crazy! She looks so much like you...the long eyelashes especially!!! You need to post more pics of her! My kids love wearing underwear on their heads too...they are definatly our kids!

joni said...

if i thought i could look as cute as Nyla with undees on my head.. i may wear some at home.. hehe..

as always i love your posts..

PS ..went on a quick rode trip with a buddy recently .. i thought a lot on yah when driving through Smithers.. (smile).. i am so looking forward to you (& yours) moving close by, i will be trucking over to see you and your skinny lamas and gorgeous kidaroos.. .. whoot whoot.

Anita said...

Thanks ladies :) Yup, I think I'll keep them.

Christy: The time has flown. I can't believe they're so big! Being so close to Terrace will be nice... seeing our kiddos play together... how crazy is that???

Joni: Dude! I can't wait for your visits! I have a feeling we're going to have a crazy lot of fun!

You ladies are rock stars (not the creepy kind... the cool kind).

Jenny said...

Some of us may have a certain creep factor within us...LOL
I can't wait to meet you. Joni and I will definately do a road trip asap...I'm pretty certain I can find enough people to fill up my van to come and visit you!
Your kids are super cute!!