First of all, our llamas aren't used to being sheared, so they were all pissy to start with. Thank god the dude was like the friggen llama whisperer! He'd stare them down then grab them around the neck and hold on while they had a melt down. I'm surprised he survived because they were out to dismember him! Finally they'd calm down and he'd give them a big loooong hug and whisper to them :) It would be sweet if it wasn't a bit disturbing... then he haltered them and led them into the llama squeeze to shear them. They put up a big fuss, pretty much hacking up every nasty bit of nasty in their guts and horking it out at us, but most are sheared.
Unfortunately a few were so pissed they jumped the fence and headed for fields far away.
The local farmers hate us and our dumb ass llamas. They've been threatening to shoot them if they keep hanging around their fields. We've been herding them home, but they make a break for it when we get too close. Good lord, its frustrating after chasing the bastards for miles and miles and getting sooo close to home, to have them turn and run all the way back to where you originally started. Next time I'm going to punch them. My peace loving soul is all freaky since moving onto the farm.
Recently 3 disappeared... I have a theory... you'll see below.
Pre shearing (I'm not supposed to have favorites, but she's my favorite. One of the AWOL llamas)

different llama post shearing (bahahahaaaaa! she looks humiliated :) This pic is for Christy
My theory of what REALLY happened to our 3 missing llamas.
Shifty farmers...
Speaking of shifty farmers :) We're coming closer to our big move. I'm sooo excited! We are shocked and amazed at how things are turning out. It's bigger and better then we originally planned, so stay tuned for some great updates. I'm probably experiencing 60% excitement and yeehaww-ness, and 40% total and complete terror. I need more zen in my life.
This time I'm going to keep quiet until we're ready to unveil, but prepare yourselves for sheer awesomeness.
Geez, I had a lot to share, but now I forget everything.
I put my hand in a huge pile of chicken crap. It's not news worthy but it was friggen gross.
That's all for now. If anything amazing happens I'll share.

3 comments:
bahahahaha awesome.. my night is complete.
good stories as always.. life on the farm.. never boring.. and always so much to share.. crap and all. hehe
i think i would be quite pissy myself.. esp after running after runaways.. eesh... you need a lasso and a 4wheeler!
btw great art. bahaha.
Once again, your story makes my day!
I laughed out loud, which usually only induced by videos of 'Flights of the Conchords', but you take the cake! Every single time, I laugh till I cry!
I am not sure which is more scarier, the picture of the sheared llama or the bat person that I had to look at everytime I checked your blog!
Please make me a llama wool sweater and we shall be friends forever!
Post a Comment