Blogger Layouts

Monday, February 16, 2009

More pics

I received some more pictures from Diane today. Although things were crazy when we were in Vancouver we managed to do some really fun things with Nyla.
Hollie and Tracey brought us all to 'Bright Nights' in Stanley Park. You ride around on the little train and look at all the Christmas lights. Nyla LOVED it.
We also went to the Aquarium... she went crazy for the sea lion. I'll post aquarium pictures next time.


Us at 'Bright Nights'


We took Nyla to meet Santa. One of my favorite memories is when Nyla saw Chloe dressed in her 'princess' dress to meet Santa. Nyla was completely in awe :) We didn't bring any fancy clothes obviously, and I was feeling a bit sad for Nyla because she would have to go in her regular clothes, when Hollie and Tracey brought out a beautiful princess dress for Nyla too. I admit I cried... It seems like such a little thing, but it was a huge deal to Nyla (and me).
You could tell she felt like a million bucks when she was showing off her dress :) I'll post that picture with Santa when I get the scanner hooked up again.

While Diane was with us she'd take Nyla to Hollie and Tracey's house and they'd go for a walk on the sea wall every day. Nyla called it 'walking and laughing with Grandma' :)

Maren in her incubator. This was during our second week when she really started to do well. Her creepy head IV came out and we could finally start doing regular cuddle time!!

When we were finally able to take her out of the incubator it was important for Maren's development and bonding to do skin to skin cuddle time.

It was amazing being able to hold her after just staring at her in an incubator for so long.

Even though that time for us was really challenging, we also have some really great memories.
Hollie, Tracey and Diane really went out of their way to make sure Nyla was taken care of. I'm so happy that when Nyla talks about being in Vancouver she always says how much fun she had.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Awsome awsome pictures!!!! I love the one of Nyla in her princess dress and the one of Maren holding your finger in the incubator. Precious memories!!

Ruth said...

aww...I'm glad you guys were able to have those good times too in spite of all the hard times...Love the picture of Maren holding your hand!! oh the tears!!