Well, it appears that baby #2 was a bit impatient ( 9 weeks impatient) to enter this lovely world.
Maren Laurie Perry was born on November 27. She weighed 3 lbs 8 oz and is absolutely beautiful.
I'm really impressed with how the whole situation was handled... we live in a very small town, so when the doctor realized that Maren needed to be born he called in a team from Vancouver to take care of her as soon as she made her appearance. They were amazing. They swooped in made sure she was stable and had her ready to be air lifted in an incredibly short amount of time. I was unfortunately not able to go with her because I didn't have a superstar team from Vancouver swooping in to get me ready... (Ok, I'm still upset that I couldn't go with her, but I'm here now).
So, the basic update in a few words:
She is really doing great. She's off morphine, and today she was taken off the ventilator. So far she's breathing room air (still with tubes up her nose, but its a zillion times better then a ventilator) and hasn't needed any oxygen. If her oxygen levels stay good for a week she will be ventilator free for good (barring any craziness that I won't even say could happen because it won't).
We could be here until her original due date (Jan 30th) so it could be a long haul... I'm choosing to believe that it won't take that long. I'm thinking she'll want to be home for Christmas :)
Darryl and Nyla and Darryl's mom got here today. I can't describe how great it is to have them here now.
I can't remember everything I wanted to update on.
I'm doing well. I'm very tired and completely overwhelmed most of the time, but I'm happy to have our little family together at least for a little while. I'm hoping that I'll stop bursting into tears at the drop of a hat... it does get annoying.
Thanks to all of our great family and friends who have been hugely supportive. We love you! (I still owe most of you a phone call. Soon I promise).
Sorry this is a bit scatterbrained. I only have a few minutes online.
I'll update again (hopefully with pics) when I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hey Anita, I've been thinking and praying about you and your baby!
If you need anything please don't hesitate to ask. Your baby is in the best possible hands. Can't wait to see pics...she sounds like a fighter just like her momma!
She is just like her mom... a strong fighter. Sounds like you have team awesome helping her out too. If you need anything at all, please let me know. <3
I have been praying for you since I found out. Congrats on giving birth to another sweet girl.I cant imagine the shock you must be going through. I hope that she continues to do well so you can all be home for Christmas!! Looking forward to pictures.
thanks for keeping us updated Anita.. we will be keeping you and yours in our prayers...
Thanks ladies :)
Post a Comment