Maren is doing so well its absolutely unbelieveable, she continuously blows me away. She's so tiny but otherwise completely fine. When we first got here she was covered in tubes and wires, but now the only thing left is her feeding tube. She's already putting on weight and is almost back to her birth weight (3lbs 8 oz). One nurse made a comment about us being home by christmas!!! We're very hopeful for that.
Darryl went home today. He needed to get back to work :( Nyla is still here with me (Darryl's mom is here to help). I think one of the most difficult things for me is balancing time with both girls. I know how much they both need me and its been heartbreaking not being able to be with both 24 hours a day. Now that Darryl is gone it makes it a bit tricky,but I think we're going to be ok. I keep trying to remind myself that this will soon be a distant memory. Soon we'll be together at home and we can catch up on all the time we've missed.
Nyla met Maren for the first time. She absolutely LOVES her. She constantly asks if she can come to the hospital to see her,and begs to bring her with us when we leave. I can't wait til they can actually play together.
We're waiting for a transfer to PG. The NICU there is apparently awesome and its closer to home so we're pretty excited about that. We have to wait for a bed, and when a bed is available we can only go if the transport team is available. I have an idea we'll be here for a little while because coordinating both is not proving to be easy. The care she's getting here is so amazing I definitely can't complain about being here.
So, that's the update for now. It couldn't be going better! We're so proud of Maren and her incredible strength, and we're so proud of Nyla for handling this so well. We have two amazing little girls :)
I'll update again when I have a few minutes. Pictures will have to wait til we're home.
Lots of love from us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Hey,
Anita so glad to hear you are doing well. I know how it can be with bedrest and premies! Markus was 10 weeks early. Do you need any premie clothes? I still have some cute kooshies.
Hey Jen,
We've been having a really hard time finding micro premie clothes well, any premie clothes for that matter). Where did you find them?
Definitely, we'd love it if you sent on any you don't want anymore. Our little girl is going to be nekkid :)
Anita.. i am so happy your wee one is thriving.. smile..
let us know your want/need list PLEASE!!! and an addy.
and you must .. your blogmates require and are begging you for one.
take care.
I actually found a few premie clothes at my walmart. I would like to send them to you if you could give me your mailing address :)
Post a Comment