Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Now I remember what I wanted to write about


3 of Nyla's favorite buddies. Casper (light colored one) is the one she loves to ride.


Kisses for Casper. She doesn't even mind pokey whiskers... she says that its just like kissing Daddy :)


I forgot to mention Halloween!
Nyla picked her own costume (Kitty), but unbeknownst to us had no intention of actually wearing it. She decided that the costume was her buddy... it went everywhere with us for a few days (yes, she even slept with it).
I wasn't going to force her to wear it (I can imagine it would be traumatic to be forced to wear your buddy), I mentioned to her that if she wore her costume all the kitties she saw would think she was a kitty too... WELL that was all it took. She wore the costume and put on a very convincing performance (complete with cleaning her fur and meowing a super cute screeeeechy meow.
She loved trick or treating too. We only went to a handful of houses but once she realized that they would give her candy she'd march right up to the door and start banging on it for all she was worth. If they didn't answer fast enough she'd start yelling "HELLOOOOOOO!", if they still didn't answer she'd attempt to just walk in.
She started thanking them with 'kitty talk' (screechy thank you meows). Yeah, she had a great time.

Now, in other news...
I'm not sure how many people have heard of the sour gas line bombings happening here. I'm not usually that shocked about extreme stupidity (thanks to reality television extreme stupidity is now considered entertainment after all), but in this case I'm blown away (notice the clever pun).
The mad bomber said in a handwritten letter (oh yes, he's obviously a genius) he's upset about Encana drilling for sour gas in the area because its dangerous stuff. I can understand that. I'm not to thrilled about it either, but instead of doing something useful or... smart, he has decided to try to blow the lines and kill us all. SWEET. Good thinking there big fella! That won't come back and bite you in the ass at all...
Canada's anti-terrorism unit is here investigating. I'm hopeful that the guy I saw with the tinfoil hat is NOT Canada's anti-terrorism unit's 'Alpha Team' ... fingers crossed everybody!
There's been a lot of talk about what this guy's punishment should be. I find myself conflicted. I'm usually quite peace loving, but in this situation I'd gladly beat the hell out of the guy myself. WATCH OUT CRAZY MAN these fists of fury are coming after YOU! I wonder if he looks anything like a moose... it is hunting season after all...
Anyway, that's enough ranting for now.

3 comments:

joni said...

oye .. i have missed you.


greatness.. this post is pure greatness...


happy fall Anita.

Temujin said...

I'm just grateful my name wasn't spoken in vain with this blog post.

Hope you're having fun in Edmonton, jerk!

Temujin said...

Hey, I thought you'd find this kind of cute. I laughed and thought of Nyla doing the same thing.

-AJ