Blogger Layouts

Thursday, November 1, 2007

The rest of the update.

This part of the update isn't as fun, so I'll get the crappy stuff out of the way and end with some news that's more fun.
So, we found out that Darryl either has a pituitary (brain) tumor or Addison's disease. He's been going for non-stop tests, and has a whole load more infront of him. There is a specialist in town now that Darryl will see on Tuesday. This guy is basically the man with the plan. He's going to order all the more specialized tests and cat scan, so hopefully it won't be too much longer till we know what exactly we're dealing with. We don't even know what we're hoping for because both have positives but super crappy negatives as far as illness is concerned.
I'm just pissed off... Those of you who know Darryl know that this is SO BLOODY UNFAIR for him to have to deal with. He's the kindest and generally best person I know. I have never seen a man more dedicated to his family, and he works SO hard. On his days off he takes Nyla for Daddy time uptown. They go for breakfast and have little adventures together... he's just amazing.
Thank God I know how strong he is, because I don't believe for a second that we won't get past this. This man will kick ass regardless of whichever disease he has to battle. He's being awesome. I know he feels like complete shit all the time, but he's still as funny as ever. You'll never catch him moping around feeling sorry for himself! Please keep him in your thoughts/prayers etc!!

Now, the other difficult news. My Dad is in end stage Parkinsons. Parkinsons dementia is beginning, which makes him very confused and overwhelmed and usually pretty irritable. He can't make decisions very well and is often too overwhelmed and tired to cook or clean etc. He has about a year to live, so we're hoping that his mind will stay as clear as possible and that he'll be strong enough to stay in his home. (By the way, there are major grants for elderly people to help them make their homes safe enough so they can remain in them for as long as possible. One grant covers medical equipment and another one covers renovations. Let me know if you know someone who could benefit from this and I'll pass on the info).

NOW, the fun news!! First of all, I'm very excited to inform you that Kevin, my older brother, has found an amazing girl... (believe me, that news alone is super) AND they are in the process of buying a house AND are expecting a baby in February! We were all shocked, like jaw to the floor shocked! He has never been one to want family life. I'm excited because this girl is AMAZING!!!! We get along sooo well. We love the same things and have so much in common. Yaaaaay! Now I'll have someone to do tons of fun stuff with!

The other fun news is just that Nyla is super cute, so I thought I'd post a little video of her in her cute, hot pink long johns. She's usually much more vocal, but as soon as the camera comes out she gets pretty quiet.


I think that's about it for now. I'll update when we have more info.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Still praying for Darryl! Keep us posted and let me know when you hear anything! And also praying for your Dad that he has a great year and you guys have lot's of memories with him. I don't think its a coincidence that you are there with him!

I am sooo shocked about your brother too! That is so awsome! Good for him!! When is she due?

And last but not least...Nyla is so stinkin cute!!!

Jenny said...

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers!