Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Life in a small town.

So, we finally got the date for Darryl's cat scan (November 30), and the tests he was supposed to have done this week had to be put off because there was a mix up between the specialist dude's nurse and the hospital... Boooo on those clowns!
Nobody told us that a team of people has to be there, so since it wasn't booked we have to wait and see when they're all available.
This is normally when I'd have the brain fog brought on by severe rage, but it just so happens that I walked past an art gallery and saw some really amazing black and white forest pictures. I'm not sure if you know what its like to have some kind of object that just brings you instant calm, but trees/forests do it for me, so I went in and stared at these pictures for waaaay too long. I saw the woman who was working start to creep up to me so I knew I had worn out my welcome and was just starting to look like a crazy person. (Yes, I'm used to looking like a crazy person, so save your smart remarks people).
I've been having a lot of dreams about running away to live in this little cabin in the woods (Don't worry, I heard that it burned down so I won't really be running away to the middle of nowhere). I think its my brain's way of taking a mini vacation while I sleep, so I think seeing those pictures was just a nice little bit of a breather for my brain. Now I feel much better... I probably won't even go bust any heads or go ninja crazy on anyone.

In other news, Nyla got her snowsuit in the mail from MEC. She's sooo freaking cute! She's tall and thin, so the length is good but she's not chubby enough to fill it out, so she's just one big puffball. I loaded her into her baby backpack and we went for a little hike a few days ago. She loved it, so there will be many more winter adventures to come. I didn't get any pictures because it was just me and her, but I'm sure I'll have some new ones to post soon.



She doesn't look very impressed but she was nice and toasty outside!

Well that's all the news for now. Hope you're all enjoying our lovely winter!!

No comments: