
We met with the doctor today. Darryl doesn't have a brain tumor. They did some kind of screening test a while ago that showed that his adrenal glands are functioning, so that means its not Addison's Disease either. (I LOVE how they said it was definitely one or the other... Jerks).
Anyway, this means that we're right back at the beginning again. The specialist will be back in town next week, so I'm sure he'll have some ideas (this is what I keep telling myself anyway).
I can't even begin to explain how frustrating this is. We thought that we'd at least have a treatment plan of some kind after today. This is a huge blow... the thought of dragging it out for months is so CRAP!
So, my plan to preserve my sanity is to dream myself to a cabin in the woods somewhere when I need a 'happy place'. Otherwise I'm going to chant "I am calm" over and over while rocking in the fetal position (possibly hiding under the bed, but I haven't pinned down the specifics of this plan yet). I also may start drinking in the morning in order to stay mellow throughout the entire day (yes, I'm kidding about the drinking... or am I???)
So, if you see me twitching just walk on by cuz I'll probably go all 'crazy irish' on you... I can throw potatoes with superhuman strength - this is the only warning you'll receive :O
Nyla learned another new word... BOOGIE!! Bahahahhaahhaaa! She's such a nerd :) She always blows her nose but thinks its funny so can't usually contain herself enough to wait for a kleenex. She ends up blowing boogies all over me (nasty I know). I usually ask her a few times a day if she has any boogies as a kind of pre-emptive strike on the stream of snot that could (and has) hit me full force in the face. A few days ago she came up to me and said "Boogie", so I asked her if she needed to blow her nose... sure enough that's what she wanted. Unfortunately she still lets it fly, but she kills herself laughing and saying "Boogie boogie" over and over (usually with snot hanging out of her nose). Besides the actual snot, I think this whole thing is pretty cute.
Who knew kids could be so entertaining :)

No comments:
Post a Comment