Blogger Layouts

Sunday, July 15, 2007

YEEAAAAH BABY!

We have our team put together! Any challengers??? We're ready to kick some arse!

We've decided to do an adventure race next summer!! Its something we've been looking into for a while but the timing was never quite right. I'm SOOOOOOO freaking excited!
There are 2 that we're leaning towards, basically because they're in the north coast so we can plan a visit home at the same time.
The first one is an 8 hour challenge called 'City West Adventure Challenge'.
http://www.raidthenorth.com/2007/sac/CWAC/index.php
It looks like its more relaxed and fun. My little bro (Kieran) is going to join us to make up our team of 3. I'm not sure where its going to be next year (they're going to alternate between Prince Rupert, Terrace, Kitimat and Smithers) but I'm hoping to get a few other teams together to make it more fun. (Email if you're interested). There's a huge party afterwards - which may be enough of a draw for some of you ;)
The one I'm really excited for is a 36 hour race called 'Raid the North'. http://www.raidthenorth.com/2007/rtn/ This one consists of trekking, mountain biking, paddling, navigation and ropes. The course is completely unmarked so you plot your own route to the check stops. Kieran and I are going to do this one but we need 2 more members for our team. (COME ON JESS!!!!) We have 2 very tentative members but we'd like to find people who are REALLY 'gung ho'. So look at some pictures and get inspired AND EMAIL ME if you're interested!


I've seen this view from a mountain bike one time too many...


HOW FREAKING AMAZING IS THIS????







2 comments:

Ashley said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to do something like that!! My friends and I were going to do an adventure tour that was basically a triathlon with orienteering and a few other sports involved. For a few years I competed in tri's for fun and just love the enjoyment of getting out and being active. I am running but havent had time to swin or bike in awhile. How cool that you get to do that! I wish I was still up north and I would have LOVED to do it with you!!

Anita said...

That is soooo sad! Maybe you'll be ready to come for a visit!
If we are in dire straits for a team member I'll guilt you into coming :) Even if we aren't in dire straits it would be great to have you on the team! Keep it in the back of your mind, maybe the timing would work out for you! I'm going to try to get amanda to come. (come on amanda you know you want to!)