Blogger Layouts

Friday, July 13, 2007

I'm melting...


I remember in the winter complaining because it was -40 and I was freezing my butt off... now I'm complaining because its so hot I think my skin may be melting off. H'mmmm.
Those of you who know me and have seen the almost transparent nature of my pasty white skin might understand why I have issues with extreme heat. All I can do is ooze around like a puddle of goo and hope that I don't start muttering to myself. I don't think straight when its too hot. Maybe that's why shaving my head seemed like a good idea... ha, just joking. I'm not quite 'pop star' crazy yet... but we'll see how long this freaking heat wave lasts. I think I'll try becoming nocturnal.
BUT on the positive side, I can brag about my tan (in Anita language that translates to burn and freckles).

Nyla has become 'DANGER GIRL'. She's trying to stand and walk unassisted. One day Darryl and I looked over and she was just standing in the middle of the room giggling like crazy. I think she loves the independence of it. Unfortunately this has been aggravating her hip so she's developed a limp when she crawls (if she's been really active) and she has a really hard time getting comfy at night. We can't really take her in the car seat or stroller because sitting in one position for so long is painful. Her ultrasound is on July 31 - it seems like forever away. I'm still hoping that its nothing too serious and that whatever the problem is will be easy to fix (without surgery!!!).

I think that's about it for now. OH, the grain elevator (full of canola) burned down today. The whole city smells like greasy, burning, nasty things. Its pretty barfy! With all these blazing fires in town I'm really missing being on the fire department.
Anyway, enough rambling. GOODNIGHT!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

What a clever girl standing in the room! I love how she was giggling to herself too. You know, I think you would look gorgeous bald......you would look gorgeous no matter what you do! I hope things are cooler for you. If not, come join us in the rain!