Blogger Layouts

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Flash floods and ponies!

Things have been pretty busy for the past 2 weeks.
We had a crazy flash flood that did a lot of damage to our driveway, yard and garden but thankfully not the house. It was so bizarre! One minute it was raining really heavily then we looked out the window and there was a raging river going through our yard (pics below).
And we went for a visit to my Aunty Pat and Uncle Bob's house. It was really nice to see them again. Kathy brought Sadie the pony over to visit Nyla (Nyla kept giving the pony the angry eye) then we went for a walk to see the big horses. Nyla wasn't a bit afraid - even when Chester the horse kept trying to lick her hand (and eat my shirt).
* Geesh, I can't believe I forgot to mention that Darryl's sister Laurie was here for a visit. Nyla really liked having her Aunty Laurie around for a while. They had some really great bonding time and we were sad to see her go

Sadie the pony.

Nyla decided that she was the boss and took the rope from Kathy.

Nyla's first ride on Sadie. (We forgot her hat... good thing they had a spare.)


Chester the horse.

Aunty Laurie and Nyla.


You can't tell by the picture how fast the water is moving but it was pretty nuts (It destroyed the fence). I'll post a video when I figure out how. (so probably never)

My poor garden is no longer a garden.


Darryl's Grandpa Perry (big grandpa) passed away last night. Its sad that he's gone but we're happy that he's not in any more pain. I'm sure he's hopping over fences, chasing cows and keeping an eye on everyone he loves.

No comments: