Blogger Layouts

Thursday, September 16, 2010

My life is all about roller derby

I've just been having so much fun. I can't even tell you how great this is... the girls, the game... pretty much all of it.
Every time I go I love it more. It's easy to get sucked in to the derby life, and easy to understand why the sport is growing like crazy all over North America again. It's aggressive, fun and so friggen sassy :) I love the sassy-ness of it all. The derby names, the derby clothes (I don't know how I lived so long without fishnet in my wardrobe. I friggen love it)... the bruises, the posturing and 'friendly' rivalries.
I love that my crazy personality is an asset instead of something that nearly gets me arrested...
I have a new derby name thanks to an awesome, awesome crazy derby doll named 'Bella Bomb'. My new name??? 'Nita Bang' :) Bahahahahaaaa I love it. My other name was too close to another one in the name registry, so she came up with this one. I think it fits my personality better anyway.

I'd really encourage anyone who's interested to check it out (that would be YOU Carolyn!!!). Do a search and find somewhere close by that you can check out. It's worth it... fo shizz.
Don't be afraid of the skating, falling and hitting. It's not nearly as bad as you think. Trust me... ;)
Now, I'm going to leave you with an image of my awesome skates (well, except mine have naughty things written on the laces). Feel free to touch your screen and wish they were yours.
And if you're ever wondering what to get me for Christmas??? You can never go wrong with fishnet :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So awesome. Love the new name! You need to post some pics of your team. - Carolyn