
Well, this isn't a picture our actual bear, but this is how he looked when our dogs were trying to rip his stupid, ugly rat bastard face off. I hate this fucker. Seriously, seriously HATE him.
I'm usually a nature loving, peace loving soul, but this guy IS going to see the business end of my brand spankin' new gun. I don't care if I sound like a freaky red neck, I'm just so PISSED and so ready to blow this mofo away. (See, lots of rage).
This guy is the stuff that nightmares are made of, except its my REAL DAMNED LIFE! He stalks our house... he hangs in the garden behind the house and terrorizes the llamas, but as soon as anybody is near with a gun he disappears like friggen Houdini.
Our llamas have already had some bear related injuries and one fatality and I really don't want to see any more of that shit. Good lord...
He snuck up on me and Nyla last year, but THANK GOD we were in the barn when he came around the side. This is where I'd start screaming FUCK repeatedly, but I'm practicing some calming breathing exercises, so I think I'll be able to control myself.
Don't worry, we're being EXTREMELY careful when we're outside. I refuse to be prisoner in my home because of this bear, but we aren't being flippant or stupid.
On a more positive note... the garden expansion is going really well. It's HUGE! I love it :) I love all the manual labor that goes into it. I love the feeling of being physically exhausted from a day or hard work outside. I'm getting more and more excited for our new business... its going to rock the friggen casbah.
Unfortunately, since we've been working outside so much I'm neglecting my house. Have I mentioned how much I hate housework? UUUUGHHHH its like penance for all of my bad behavior.
I went to Edmonton ALONE over the May long weekend! I haven't been away like that for a very long time. It was crazy busy (I took the Bellyfit Instructor training... and LOOOOOVED it). It was nice to spend some time with Hannah and meet her man Nash. Cool cats for sure!
Other then that things are going on as usual. I won't post again for a while. Hopefully I'll have a disturbing murderized bear photo to share... I WILL be wearing his head for a hat, savage style.
Oh, I have a tan :) Its a MIRACLE!!!!! I'm no longer see through!!!!! sweet ass sun.
Now that I'm mumbling crazy talk its definitely time to go :)
See ya!
***Update***
The bear bit my friggen dog! He's in a lot of pain but VERY lucky. He bit right through his skin into the muscle under his doggie armpit. I have to carry the poor little guy around :( Now I have blinding rage issues.
A conservation officer finally came around to set some traps (not the scary ones with all the teeth that snap the animal's leg off).He hung some meat in the trees to test some kind of theory as well as setting pot snares filled with applesauce...
Now, me being a smartass said "Why the hell would a bear go for some applesauce in a pot snare when he can get his paws on some meat, regardless if he has to climb a little??? After all, this is a BEAR." Sure enough, all the meat is gone from the trees, a bunch of branches are snapped and the trunks are clawed up, and the pot snares are untouched.
SERIOUSLY??? Am I the only one in this godforsaken land of rednecks with a BRAIN???
Time for some land mines...

3 comments:
you are the rock star.
i cant wait to see that new helmet.
yea .. get him Anita.
wish i was there the hunt with you.
and i sooo would....
i need to get me a gun and go for a road trip.
WOWZERS!! I would be freakin' scared out of my tree!! I have had bear nightmares for about 13 years so I am terrfied in real life too! You are my Hero!! Just getting all whoop-ass on them!!!! Love ya!
Ahhh ladies, you are awesomeness personified :)
Joni, believe me I wish you were here too! Thanks to family we have a bloody arsenal here, come borrow a gun if you're in the bear shooting mood :)We could get all sneaky and suspend ourselves from trees or something! hahahhahaaaa I can just see us in swat gear getting ready to destroy the bear :)
Ruth, I've had bear nightmares for years too. If I think about the reality of this guy too much I get all freaky and spastic... I find anger and the desire to blow him away makes me keep myself together :)
Post a Comment