The two most beautiful girls on the planet.
hee heee heeeee
cute little baby bum (I know I'm not exactly at my best in this pic, but I wanted to show how big she is now).So, Maren made lots of progress in the last week. She did end up rocking her carseat challenge so here we are!
That was probably the longest trip from PG home in history, (it usually takes 4 hours but this time it took 9 1/2). Maren can only be in a carseat for an hour at a time because her muscles aren't developed enough to be able to breathe in that position for long. So we'd go for an hour and stop for an hour... it was LOOOOONG but definitely worth it to get her home.
Its a little bit scary being away from the safety of the hospital, but I know everything will be great. We have a team here set in place to make sure she grows and develops properly... it really does take a village to raise this child :) Its nice to know we aren't completely alone.
We found out before we left that her sight and hearing are normal wooooo hooooo! Mentally she's going to be completely fine, we just need to work on her motor skills so that she's hitting her milestones when she should be (corrected age and all that confusing stuff).
I'm going to do a big post with pictures from beginning to end in the next week or so. Some of the pictures from the beginning are hard for me to see and harder for me to share, but I think its important to see how far she's come. She's been a fighter from day 1. I'm already proud to know her.
Wow, its soooo great to be home!
PS: if you ever need some great happy music you should listen to Scissor Sisters, they're a great mood lifter. I only have Ta Dah, but I'm sure their other stuff is great too.

11 comments:
So awsome! She is soooo cute! And Nyla is so big! Welcome Home!!
WOW!! She is beautiful! We're excited about her progress! :)
*** awesome awesome awesome ***
She is soooooo gorgeous! I can't believe how big and healthy she looks. I had my baby girl on the 29th. Hard to believe that both our girls are here and doing well. Congrats again.
Hey Ashley!! Can I be added to your blog? My email is Leigh_123@hotmail.com
If that is the Ashley I am thinking it is!
Hi Christy!! yes, the same. We are finally back online after nearly a year and a half. I will make sure to start keeping updated on you and Anita both. I will add you to my blog for sure. I can add you too Anita but I realize you will be pretty busy for the next while. Just let me know.
I bet you are so excited to be home!!
She looks just beautiful!!
:)
thanks everyone :)
We're soooo happy to be home! Things are going really well so far. Some days are difficult only because I don't do well with no sleep, but I have an amazing hubby who is more than willing to take the night shift when he's not working. Yaaay for Darryl!
I just can't believe how much I love our little family :)
Congratulations Ashley!!! I can't wait to see pictures! Please do add me to your blog. I might not be able to check it often but its nice to stay in touch.
Joni: you are lovely :) I will send you my addy next time I check my email.
Thanks everyone for thinking of us!
CONGRATULATIONS ANITA!!!!! OMG I am so happy for you and excited that you and your new little one are home!
I miss you kiddo! I am adding your blog to our list so I can keep up with you better! Much love to you and your whole family!!
-james
Anita,
I had no idea you had been going through all of this, thanks James for keeping the wife in the loop. Gah! My thoughts are with you and now I can keep up with you since James has added you to our blog list. :) - Carolyn
Post a Comment