Blogger Layouts

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Winter has arrived

We had our first official stick around snow last week.
When Nyla woke up I told her there was a special surprise for her outside. For the rest of my life I will remember the look on her face when she saw the snow outside. It's usually a huge production to get this kid to eat, but she scarfed her breakfast and we spent the entire day out in the snow. It is now firmly planted in my memory as one of the greatest days of all time.
I've heard the quote "The first fall of snow is not only an event, but a magical event". I don't know who said it but its definitely true.

I love that she loves nature and animals and all the great things in the world. I love that she gets excited about going on adventures and 'treasure' hunts with me, (usually our treasures consist of rocks and sticks and goofy things like that). I love that even though she got a coolio wagon for her birthday her favorite mode of transportation is the wheelbarrow. I love that she does the 'pirate face' just to make us laugh. I love that she is stubborn and hard headed, but also gentle and incredibly sweet.
She is definitely easy to love.

I am now officially in the last trimester of pregnancy. We're moving the office downstairs to make room for the newest little one.
I'm barely ever online anymore I'm trying to decide whether I should just get rid of the internet. Dial up sucks... but it does make it easier to stay in touch with people since I LOATHE the phone... I really am not a phone person. I feel like its a conversation half in the shadows because you talk, but are engaged in a zillion other things. I don't really know how to explain it...
I think writing is a much better way of really communicating with people until I can see them in person.
What was the point of all this rambling????... ah yes, so I think I'll keep the internet connected at least for a while. I'll even work on the frequency of my communication :)
I really do need to make more of an effort... I do know how terrible I am at keeping in touch, and I do feel awful.


I promised Christy a picture of the llamas (she finds them creepy :) I think the haunted barn is creepier then the llamas. (Ok, so its not haunted, its just creepy).

I've promised to post pictures of myself in all my pregnant glory... I will do this sometime even though the thought of seeing my prego ass in print makes me want to cry.

Ah, I almost forgot. We're heading to edmonton next weekish (what day is it today????) I'm incredibly excited about catching up with the lovely Hannah Shears, and hopefully with Vicky and her family as well. I'll post pics after the trip.

I could ramble some more but instead I'm going to go make some peppermint tea and go to bed. Building a human is hard work...

2 comments:

Christy said...

I still can't believe that you have Llama's and I still think they are creepy! Especially the babies! I love how Nyla is just hanging out in the wheelbarrow, surrounded by Llama's...like it's just another day on the farm! Haha! So cute! Miss you and really hope we can see each other soon!! Love you!!!

Anita said...

I know, I can't believe it either. Remind me to tell you the story about one of them spitting square in Darryl's face. It doesn't sound like it should be funny, but man I still laugh my arse off about that.
Nyla is pretty bossy with them. She'll march right up to them pointing her finger in their face and yell 'back up and DON'T spit at me!'
I miss you and love you too. We will be seeing eachother soon I promise. <3