I blame it all on Kieran (my little bro). He's gearing up to start working again (hunting guide), and every time he starts talking about it I get all jealous and antsy. He has the most amazing job (except for the actual hunting part). The good thing about his job is that he has access to parts of the country that most of us don't (ie: fly in, completely secluded camping places with amazing hiking etc, etc.) So, anyone interested in some real backwoods camping, let me know. I'm going to organize a get- away... but obviously it won't happen til we actually MOVE there, so now is your chance to think about it. I'm pretty excited.
Here are some pics Kieran took at work last season. They aren't of the waaaaay backwoods place, but they're still pretty cool. I'm still jealous...
My little bro.


Imagine waking up to this every morning??? Geez... lucky bum.
This is one really good thing about moving to Smithers. I can hike a lot and generally be outside a lot. (I'm tired of living in the land of red-necks).
After much consideration I've decided to invest in some good snowshoes for winter hiking. Now I need some winter hiking buddies (Jenny and Joni, I'm counting on you!!!).
So, all of you who live in the Smithers/Terrace area, do a great hike for me. Take some pictures too...

5 comments:
OH OH OH OH ... ANitA you must count me in on your adventure in the real backwoods... sooo IN.
and yes we are already chatting about going up Sleeping Beauty as soon as the snow is gone gone gone.
and my hubby actually said this year we would get us some snowshoes..smile.
YIPPEEE more adventures to come... i can't wait till you move to Smithers...
good post .. full full full of excitement.
Yeah baby yeah!
I'm so glad you like to do these kinds of things too. It's really hard to find other people (women especially) who are into the same things I am.
Once again I must say you're a cool cat!
HEEEEY, I have a great idea! Would you and your hubbs be into doing an adventure race?? Lots of crazy fun. I'll email you more info.
I can't wait to be back in the area. We can showshoe and hike and climb (oh yeah, I'm going to make you come climbing too) and canoe and camp and all sorts of stuff to our hearts content! YEEEEHAAWWWW
Our hubbies better become buddies...
Come on Jenny, are you in????
Outdoors adventures...I can't wait!!!! We have snowshoes!
My BIL is a guide outfitter as well...guides for Kawdy outfitters and in the winter for Anna Fontana.
oh my .. we are so destined to be best buds....
Jenny can you even imagine our fun??
JESSICA where are you !!??...
we so need her with us in these crazy wild women adventures!!!
YEEHAAA
Jenny, I'm so glad you're in too. And yes, we do need Jessica to join forces with us... where is that girl???
I can picture us all clinging to the side of a mountain laughing our arses off... I'm totally going to make us all some super suits :)
I can also picture us all completely bedraggled and exhausted after an excursion, winding down with a coffee at Timmys :)
Post a Comment