Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Alive and well

Our move went surprisingly smoothly. I'm sooooooooo happy to have it behind me and now can enjoy our new home. I LOOOOVE it out here :) Nyla and I have spent hours exploring outside and trying to get things organized a bit (I'm so happy that she's an outside kid... she hates being cooped up inside). We're working on the chicken coop now so when spring finally arrives (please please!!!) we'll have a happy little house for the chickens. There isnt' really much to do to it, it just takes longer with a little one helping out.
There's also a really great barn... so I'm trying to convince Darryl that a really great barn needs to be filled with some really great critters. I'm not sure which critters yet... I'll let you know what we decide.

I was finally able to go take a good look at that little bridge. Unfortunately, during the last storm we had, a tree crashed on top of the rest of it. I've decided to cut that one up for firewood and start again. (NOt like I have much choice after it has been crushed...)

Now, for some exciting news... Kevin and Ashley's baby was born at 11:10 pm on February 28th (almost a leap year baby). His name is Devlin Adam Leach, he was exactly 7 lbs and was 19 inches long. I'll post a pic once I get the ok from them.
I have never been so proud of my big bro. He was giddy when Devlin was finally born, and he is quite the proud Daddy. He had an unfortunate experience involving diaper changing and explosive baby poo (sprayed the wall and Kevin happened to be in the way)... but he has a great sense of humor about it all. It's been pretty great to see him so happy.
I have to say that he handled being surrounded by Ashley's family very well too. (Even I had a fight with her grandma...)

Kieran and Dawn came to visit to celebrate my Dad's birthday with us. It was really nice having them here. Dawn and I went exploring places on the farm that I can't take Nyla. We found some treasures, and some super creepy crap too... I'm starting to wonder about the people who were here before us...

I think that's all the news for now. I'm stuck with dialup since we still haven't had the site survey done...hopefully it will be possible to get wireless because dialup sucks ASS! I can't believe how AWFULLLLL it is. I really don't have much time to be online anyway, so its not the end of the world, but cross your fingers for us.

I hope you're all doing well!

2 comments:

joni said...

Anita .. EMAIL ME!!!!!!


i just roasted a fresh batch of Garam Masala this weekend lol smelt up the whole house.. hehe

But i have been thinking about you!!!

..so when you're having your java before your next outdoor adventure, 'dial up' and send me an EMAIL

*smile* so glad you are having fun.

Anita said...

I'll be dialing up into an inbox near you :)