As a rule I don't like talking about the weather in my blog, simply because.... snoooore.
But our weather has been FREAKY. For weeks it felt like we were living on the surface of the sun (averaging between 30 - 35 c) now our leaves are already changing, and you can definitely smell fall in the air. Nuts I tell ya!
I'm a little bit excited because I LOOOOOVE fall. I can't handle heat at all. I get all wilty and floppy and generally blah, and wouldn't be able to make it around the block at a gentle stroll without passing out from heat stroke (oh yeah, I get the red puffy face, crazy eyes, barfs and all). So, autumn is a great season for me. Its gorgeous out and I can do all the fun things I love to do outside without the oh so attractive side effects. This fall may be a bit slower paced, but I still plan to fully enjoy it.
OOHHHHHHHH and I am absolutely crazily looking forward to Christmas this year. Imelda, Brad and the kids, and Kieran (and hopefully Dawn) are all going to be here. We haven't all been together for Christmas for at least 15 years. I am beyond excited!
Bears have been messing with my family lately. Kieran (little bro) is a hunting guide. On his last trip he got charged by a large-o grizzly. The bear was literally feet away from him when the hunter he was with found the bear spray in his pocket. I've heard that usually bear spray just pisses angry grizzly bears off (and gives you an extra spicy taste for their munching pleasure) but luckily it did the trick. His gun was out of reach at the time, but I'm sure after that he strapped it to his body for easy access. Poor guy.... I definitely would have peed my pants.
Our bear is still hanging around. Nyla and I were playing outside when the dog and llamas started making a crazed racket. We hightailed it inside and the bear proceeded to steal the dog's bone and ran away. Don't ask me why this stupid bear is still around... I'm beginning to think its magic or something. About 8 kazillion different people have tried to hunt that thing, but it vanishes like smoke.
I'm not usually into hunting, but seriously, it would be nice to go outside without worrying that something will start gnawing on my skull. I don't like not being able to let Nyla run her little heart out. Maybe a bear skin rug wouldn't be that bad :P
Ok, now for the baby news. I'm still on bedrest and will be for the remainder of this pregnancy. Obviously complete bed rest is impossible, so I'm REALLY doing the best I can.
I'll spare you all the details, but the basic low down is that the baby is doing great right now. He/she is growing and kicking and doing all the things babies should do (no we aren't finding out the sex). I still feel like everything will be just fine. I completely believe that this will be a full term baby and that things will go smoothly.
We had decided that this would be our last baby. I'm really glad we had decided that and were completely comfortable with our decision because I was told that I can't have any more after this. I know that if we hadn't come to that decision I would have been really upset by that news. Now I feel good, like that's how it was meant to be.
Nyla is so freaking funny and continuously amazes us. She now loves mud, bugs and frogs. She loves to read and bake. She knows exactly how to make us bust out laughing and then marches away all proud of herself. She is an amazingly cool kid. OOOOH, and she has inherited my love for funky footwear :)
So generally, I can't complain. Life is good!
I hope that all of you in blogland are living the good life!
PS: Congrats Jenn and Andy on the cutie pie!
Congrats Sarah and Dave. We really wish we could have been there for your special day :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So, I pretty much love reading your blog! You are so funny & your life is sooo interesting! Bears, Llamas etc...Love reading it, waiting to see what happens in your life next! ;)
And glad to see Darrylita (the babys name cause of unknown sex) is doing well!
Post a Comment