Well, life on the farm is a little bit more interesting. A baby llama was born 2 days ago. Holy crap those little dudes are cute!
Nyla, being Nyla thinks its a good idea to run at the baby screaming in her high pitched excited squeal 'bbbbaaaaaaaabbbbyyyyy llllaaaaammmaaa, come here!" I'm spending more time being a Nyla wrangler than a llama wrangler. Another baby should be making an appearance any day. I'll be posting pics as soon as my dumbass computer will comply with my wishes.
Now that things at home have settled down a bit (as far as Darryl's health is concerned), I've been taking some personal inventory. A lot has happened over the past year, some great some... super shitty, but all in all, I think life is good.
I think I've been realizing more and more that I am who I am, and I'm happy with who I am. I don't feel the need to change for anybody, its a nice place to be.
Now, obviously I know I'm not a perfect person, not even close. I've done some incredibly stupid things... but who can live life saying they didn't do anything stupid? How boring would that be???
I don't regret any 'mistakes' because the mistakes are just part of the journey.
I don't like knowing that my actions have ever hurt people, but sometimes people go out of their way to be hurt, stay hurt and continuously re-live the hurt so that those around them suffer as well, so all I can do is wish them well in their journey and hope that they can eventually find peace within themselves.
There are 2 quotes I love:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not. ~Andre Gide
I make a few posts about friendships and how amazed I am by the people I call friends. Life is a cycle and things happen to either pull us closer or bring more distance (physically and emotionally), but regardless of where we are in that cycle, time, distance, circumstance... whatever, every person I call a friend will have a place in my heart forever.
I know this doesn't make much sense... I guess its just my rambling for the day. Self discovery is interesting indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I totally agree with you. I have made some incredibly stupid choices in my past,but with every mistake we make it's all part of the discovery of who we are. I don't live my life with regret. The past is what it is.
As far as the friendships go, there is a huge distinction between true friendships and aquaintances.
"A good friend will come bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying...'Damn, that was fun!'
Ahhh Jenny, why do I have a feeling we'll be sitting next to eachother in a jail cell laughing our asses off some day???
Post a Comment