Blogger Layouts

Monday, June 4, 2007

Guardian Grandpa

Darryl's Dad passed away a year ago (June 5th), just a few months before Nyla (his first grandchild) was born. Darryl doesn't want to keep remembering the anniversary of Alvin's death, so we're trying to make it a time to remember Alvin's life. So, to all of us loving and missing Alvin now, I hope we can all take a minute to remember something about him that makes us smile. Feel free to share with the rest of us!!
One thing that is difficult for Darryl is that Nyla didn't get to meet her Grandpa Alvin. We're sure that he knows all about her though and he's always near to her, being her Guardian Grandpa. Its nice to know he's looking out for her, our kids to come, and Laurie's kids to come as well. He's a good guy to have in your corner! :)

I don't think grief ever really goes away, the edges just get worn down over time, so please remember Darryl, Laurie and the rest of the family today.

PS: We love you Laurie! We miss you and can't wait to see you very soon. Nyla needs some Aunty Laurie cuddles :)

The only pictures I can find of Alvin right now are from our wedding. I'll add those, and I'll also add a few new ones of Nyla. I hope they make you smile!!












5 comments:

Christy said...

Awww Anita...that was a beautiful post! Thinking about you guys today as you celebrate "Guardian Grandpa's" life!

Adam said...

God bless you brother during this time. Whoever says time heals all wounds is sure wrong. The only thing that heals my heart over my dad dying almost 2 years ago is God's Word and purpose. Psalm 139 is precious to me.

Anonymous said...

Hey Anita, thanks so much for writing such a great article. I like to think of the one year as a time to remember the good times too! And I really like the pic of Dad and Darryl.
Can't wait to see you guys in 3 weeks!
Love Auntie Laurie

Ashley said...

That was really beautiful. Your daughter..........she is sooooooo gorgeous! WOW! Congrats! I need to keep reading to see how you have been!!

Anonymous said...

hey this is the first time i checked out your blog and nyla is so beauiful!!!i love reading your thoughts and think darryl is so lucky to have you!!!you guys are in our thoughts and prayers..love sonja